- AWS IoT Platform is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices.
- Amazon Kinesis makes it easy to collect, process, and analyze real-time, streaming data so you can get timely insights and react quickly to new information. For a limited time only, we will offer a $25 AWS Credits to cover any Kinesis charges for developing your app during the challenge. Request the credits here!
- About Amazon Kinesis
- Amazon Kinesis documentation
- Developer FAQs: Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Firehose, Kinesis Analytics
Getting Started / Sample Code
- Download our sample code, then customize it to build your IoT app for the challenge.
- Read our blog post on building an IoT application on AWS.
- Watch the upcoming Twitch episode where we will walk you through coding the sample app.
- Amazon Kinesis Data Generator: Produce sample data and send it directly to Amazon Kinesis.
- AWS IoT Data Simulator: produce sample data and send to AWS IoT. From there, you can trigger a Kinesis action to process the data as it arrives.
- Device Simulation with AWS IoT and AWS Lambda
- Test Your Streaming Data Solution with the New Amazon Kinesis Data Generator
- Just-In-Time Registration of Device Certificates on AWS IoT
Some Useful Public Datasets
- Wunderground Weather API
- Flight Tracking and Flight Status API
- Live aircraft position data
- Ham Radio call sign API
- U.S. Government open data catalog
- Department of Energy's open datasets
- U.S. Geological Survey open datasets
- More public datasets
Have a question?
- Join the Slack channel. It's also a great way to find a teammate.
- Post a message on the discussion forums
- Check the FAQs tab
- Email the hackathon managers directly: email@example.com